Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Wheel!!

Yesterday at Spinners and Weavers I was chatting with one of the members and she said that she had a wheel she was no longer using and if I wanted it, it was $50. So today I drove out to her place, had a bit of a spin on it to see if I liked it and left a beautiful double drive wheel, 4 bobbins and some lovely long, white fleece that she had been spinning on the bobbin beforehand.
Anyway, here's some photos of my new baby. I've used the flash because it actually brings out the beautiful colours of the wheel more than not using a flash. Please excuse the mess behind it.



This one I took without the flash, just some overhead lighting. I am very happy and can't wait try spinning other fibres etc on it!
Don't worry, I still love my spindle. Sometimes I think I get a better twist on the spindle (maybe it's just me)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your ashford :) ive got an ashford traditional & love it, but ive now grown tired of its single tredle & have just bought a suzie wheel with a double tredle

I cant wait till it arrives from NZ!! Oh found you on Ravelry in the aussie knitters forum. :)

val

Anonymous said...

i was talking with a lady from NZ and yep its not an ashford but apparently a Sheridan Macarthur made in Australia probably over 30 years ago. - its still beautiful though, cant wait to see your yarn you make :)