Saturday, August 2, 2008

Slowly... slowly... very slowly

So I haven't done much spinning lately. I finally did the rest of the navajo plying of the grey corridale on the wheel but have a bit too much twist which I'll fix soon. Also finished off the Darling Victoria although I did kind of break a bobbin after it kept coming undone while attempting to navajo ply it, I wasn't having a good few days so the bobbin went across the room and hit the only hard thing, spliting right near the double drive band grove... that'll teach me!

I'm doing some more of the corridale and also have a variety of 'exotic' wools (well exotic to Australia) sometime soon; BFL, Merino Superwash, Merino Bamboo, Shetland and Icelandic. Only got 56 grams (2 ounces) of most, just to try out and see if I like them. Hopefully will post pics when I get them spun up.

Got a letter last week saying that I'm accepted into Tocal Agriculture College for 2008, I start February 9th. Then on Monday I get a call from the local credit union asking if I was still interested in a job going between the 3 nearest branches, I'm going for the interview anyway... afrer years of trying to get a decent job locally I decide to do more study and then this!! Oh well, just cause I get an interview doesn't mean I have the job. Just when I was looking forward to Tocal :(

No comments: