Friday, October 31, 2008

More Spinning plus New Spindles

I've been a busy girl lately! I've started this "Work for the Dole" which is unpaid work at a nominated place, I'm at the local Country Club; aka golf course and bowling greens. It means that Monday and Tuesdays from 6am till 2pm I'm up there doing 'greens keeping' (ie mowing, weeding, watering etc). Leaves me the rest of the week to look for work and most importantly... spin!


I finished my lovely rainbow yarn for my 100 gram Swap Challenge and crocheted it up... won't reveal what I made from the below crocheted rectangle until it's sent off next week.


This week I received my new spindles. They're made by a gent down in Tasmania and although they're longer than I'm use to at 35 cms (13.5 inches) it means lots of room for yarn and great for plying, although I'll be getting a heavier one for that task. Both spin really well, although the big decision is what to start spinning on them!

This one's has a Tasmanian Blackwood whorl and a Wattle shaft. 30 grams (approx 1.06 oz) in weightThis baby's made from 100% Australian Red Cedar, also 30 grams (approx 1.06 oz).

I'm doing a Secret Santa and was thinking that a hand crocheted item would give away my identity so while talking with my mum she said she's willing to knit it up to try to keep them guessing. I got some pale pink/purpley fibre that I got last month but found some great purple/blue/green fibre in one of my fibre storage boxes. Seeing as this person loves those kind of colours I decided to go with it... started spinning it last night and finished it this morning. It's currently hanging out on the clothesline to dry.

I think it turned out really well... will post up pictures of the finish objects!


Back to spinning I go

1 comment:

yvette said...

gorgeous colours :)