Well it's day 3 at Tocal Agriculture College and so far so good, pretty much settled into my room and adjusting to college life. Because of my age I'm across the road from the campus at Glendarra 1. I have my own room with a big sliding door that looks out over the parts of the dairy, I'll have to get more photos once the weather clears a bit. Monday night there was a storm about midnight, woke me up and I ended up having to pull the curtain across so I didn't have lightning flashing in my eyes every minute or so. Believe it or not there was another storm yesterday during the day and again this morning! Yes there's been a bit of rain but a lot more is needed. The room is simple as is the ensuite but they both do their job so I can't really complain, even if I've got Ida sitting in the middle of the room next to a 'carry on' roller suitcase full of fleece and my 2 laundry hampers (1 for fibre and 1 for dirty clothing) not to mention the things I brought down that I can't figure out where to stick.
The past few days have been all orientation stuff but serious work begins tomorrow, after my Q Fever test at 7am. Breakfast is at 7, lunch is at noon and dinner at 5:30... aparts from weekends where breakfast is from 8, meaning some sleeping in can be done on weekends.
Aparts from doing my Certificate III in Agriculture this year I'm also planning on doing another course; Rural Production Studies, which is a stepping stone for Certificate IV in Wool Classing, this one is the better value cause you learn the basics of wool classing as well as welding and a few other things. Next year is solely wool classing... remember that this is in my spare time! Monday nights from 6pm. So by the end of next year I'll have a Cert III, IV and Diploma in Agriculture as well as a Statement of Attainment - Rural Production Studies and a Cert IV in Wool Classing!
And now for the good bit for the spinner in me... I might just score some free fleece that the farmers don't want, my teacher; Steward said that one year a few of the Cert IV students he had were spinners!
I promise more pictures next time, providing it'll let me get into my photobucket or Flickr accounts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment