Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bad, bad Em

OK so life's gotten away with me and I haven't updated this for months. Doesn't mean I haven't done anything though! I've done quite a bit of spinning and crocheting, as well as studying and practical learning.


Main spinning projects:




200 metres of "Brownie" (English Leicester x Merino x Corriedale fleece) crocheted into a Gulf Shores hat/beanie



350+ metres of "Green Bananas" I spun this up for mum to be turned into a scarf, can't seem to find the right pattern so it's currently on the 'to do' pile.





550 metres of "Sea Lace" The thinnest I've ever spun on my wheel. Is currently with the ever lovely Pip getting turned into a Swallowtail Shawl



I also got myself a new spindle in early March, it's tiny compared to my others, the shaft is about 17cms long and made from Eucalypt while the two flatter whorls are from Tiger Myrtle and the rounded one is Myrtle burl. I have spun a heap of super fine yarn with it and it's a total of 23 grams. Even Pip had a go on it last weekend and fell in love. Might have to get myself another made by the ever lovely Spindlemaker.


Right now I'm working on a beanie made with what I call my "Zebra" white and grey Border Leicester tops.

In the next few weeks I will also be the proud owner of an Inwood Smith drum carder, more pics when it arrives!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you've been good, Em... I always love seeing pics of your spinning, it is so incredibly fine! Love all the colours you have up there, very very pretty :)

--neek